Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Pat McGrath x LeSportsac Launch

IMAG0538IMAG0540

After working a nearly 12 hour day the question of stopping by an event after work was a big question mark in my head. But it was in Soho which is technically in the way home and it was for LeSportsac which has long held a soft spot in my heart for the durable lightweight bags that are perfect for traveling and life on the go. With only 30 minutes left I made it to the Penthouse suite of the Mondrian Hotel. I was greeted by a cheerful uber feminine suite full of fresh flowers and lipstick kisses on the walls and windows.

IMAG0547IMAG0545IMAG0564IMAG0565

There was a CoverGirl make-up area where 2 make-up artists were on hand providing tips and little mini refreshers to guests, the bags prominently on display and a mini bar area.

IMAG0552IMAG0550IMAG0549

After grabbing a drink I stepped out onto the balcony to experience a sweeping 360 view of the city including the Empire State Building, Downtown Manhattan skyline and the Brooklyn Bridge while soaking in tunes from DJ Mia Moretti.

IMAG0648IMAG0556

NickyDigital was on hand with a photo booth set up and while I was hanging around, I bumped into one of my fave blogger ladies Midtown Girl, Amy and her beloved Midtown Pup, Dolce (who was making a fashion event debut). Adorbs!
IMAG0543

IMAG0561IMAG0558IMAG0557

Although, I arrived late into the evening and they had previously ran out of gift bags, I did not leave empty handed after a super sweet make-up artist walked me through some of her fave CoverGirl products and loaded me up with some complimentary samples to check out. While I haven't had a chance to use many yet, I am already in love with natureluxe gloss balm. It's like a hybrid between lipstick and lip balm - it feels soft and not sticky but gives a fun hit of sheer color. It also has SPF 15 which is perfect for protecting your lips from sun damage.

As for the Pat McGrath collection itself, there were 8 pieces designed specifically with the organization level that a pro make-up artist needs. The pieces are convenient for life on the go. Who better understands that then the woman who is behind so many amazing runway looks at fashion shows around the globe and also the Global Creative Design Director of Proctor & Gamble – which of course includes CoverGirl.

“Between shows my team does not have a moment to second-guess where they’ve packed even just a single shade of lipstick. For this year’s LeSportsac collection, I incorporated some of the same techniques for product organization that we use backstage. For the 2011 collection with LeSportsac, I was inspired by the shade palette and sleek bullet of COVERGIRL LipPerfection lipcolor; it’s one of my backstage essentials.” – Pat McGrath

IMAG0539IMAG0563
The collection will feature brand new styles from the small “Kiss Case,” ($25) that is designed to hold five favorite shades of COVERGIRL LipPerfection, to the “Professional Carry All” tote ($120) that can fit the seven other pieces of the collection. The lipstick print is so appropriate and ultra feminine in a non-syrupy sweet way.
The collection will be sold at LeSportsac boutiques and online beginning in June 2011 and a coupon for a COVERGIRL LipPerfection lipcolor will accompany each purchase.

My make-up collection is in need of a major organization overhaul as is my wardrobe! How are you keeping your cosmetics organized? Any tips?
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...