Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Sample Sale Report: Elizabeth & James, La Rok & More!

IMAG2065IMAG2066I previewed the Elizabeth & James, Textile Elizabeth & James, La Rok and Patterson J. Kincaid Sample Sale yesterday and I had chance to snap a few pics including the price lists for the merch available.

The brands are divided up into 3 distinct little “rooms”, while overrun of Elizabeth & James shared space with Elizabeth & James Textile (menswear with a rugged feel and plenty of plaid). There were only about 3 racks of menswear.

2 Mirrors are set up for viewing, but they easily became crowded. There are no change areas, just tables in the centers of some of the “rooms” that you can throw your merch on while you try on. Bringing a friend is highly recommended.

One of the greatest bargains I spotted was with the La Rok fur. Though be wary as there are a few faux fur pieces in the mix. There was something that felt like a real mongolian lamb vest for $150! A bargain if you consider that at J.Crew a little Mongolian Lamb collar runs $98! I also spotted and picked up one of the La Rok skirts made of ostrich feathers that was a bargain at $50.

There is also plenty of heavily embellished metal bead jackets at $75 a pop. They remind me a bit of Michael Jackson, and so I love! I picked up the sole vest for myself.

This sale featured plenty of luxe looking girly frocks at La Rok for $80-100. For great printed daytime dresses, Patterson J. Kincaid had an abundance. I was particularly fond of a tribal print (not pictured) in an easy to wear dress for $70.

I spotted a leather biker jacket at Elizabeth and James and great boyfriend type winter wool coats with snaps for $250. Also a leather bustier dress for $150 and some great lace and silk tees for $40(?)

Sizes seemed to vary but I mostly spotted XS-M.


Who: Elizabeth & James, Textile Elizabeth & James, La Rok and Patterson J. Kincaid Sample Sale
What: Sample Sale. Cash & Credit Cards Only
When November 17-19, 2010. Wed & Fri 10am-6pm, Thurs 10am-7pm
Where: 1384 Broadway 18th Floor (b/n 37th & 38th St)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...