Tuesday, September 28, 2010

NYFW Spring 2011: Julian Louie

After Costello Talgiapietra's show at Milk Studios, Erin and I headed upstairs and checked out Julian Louie's spring 2011 presentation. He's a relatively young designer who started his line in 2009.

Rather than using models, his presentation featured an architectural installation. While I would have loved to have seen the clothes on real bodies, I was still able to get a feel for the clothes and the collection. The color palette included a range of colors, all bold yet subdued - my favorite. His pieces included lots of sharp, asymmetric hemlines contrasted with soft silk and playful tassels.
I was absolutely in love with the shoes - mixed ikat print, suede, wedges, love! So as you can imagine, I was super excited when I learned from Nitrolicious and Style Bubble that the Julian Louie x Aldo shoes will be going into production - seven styles in total! Oh, which shall I choose? I'm leaning towards the first pair below.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...