Thursday, August 26, 2010

Foodie Fun: Asian “Feastival” - Mon 9/6

Next Monday, Labor Day, the first ever Asian "Feastival" will be held in Flushing, Queens. The festival will be showcasing the best of authentic Asian cuisines in the borough. The list of participating restaurants and cuisines is quite extensive - Burmese, Chinese, Indian, Indonesian, Japanese, Korean, Malaysian, Nepalese, Pakistani, Sri Lankan, Thai, and Tibetan.

I'm excited about this event because I realized that while I eat a lot of Asian food I haven't tried that many types of cuisine outside of Vietnamese, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Thai. I also don't know much about beer, sake or wines, so I'm looking forward to tasting and learning more.
In addition to the tastings, the festival includes an extensive list of educational programs like an on-site Asian Farmer's Market with educational tips for shopping Asian fruits and vegetables, panel discussions with over 30 top chefs and culinary experts, and cooking demonstrations throughout the day.

My friends and I have been talking about the chef-guided bike tour which will go to two local farms in Queens. I haven't committed to the bike tour yet because I'm not that confident in my biking ability or my ability to be in Queens by 8:30AM. For those without bikes, there's also going to be a walking culinary tour of Flushing.

Tickets are $60 and all proceeds from the event will benefit the Food Bank For New York City and City Harvest. If you buy online and use code "AFQueens", you can get $50 tickets!

Who: The first Asian “Feastival”
What: Wine, sake, and over 40 tastes from 20+ authentic Asian restaurants in Queens & variety of programs including bike tour, walking tour, guide to Asian Farmer's Market
When: Labor Day, September 6, 2010 noon – 5pm
Where: Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel
135-20 39th Avenue
Flushing, NY 11354

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...