Monday, August 30, 2010

Closer Look: Big K

So remember a few weeks ago when I said that K-Mart was trying to take a turn for the more stylish? I just checked out the video lookbook and it certainly does look like K-Mart is taking a more sophisticated image for Fall while identifying the key trends as menswear, military and boyfriend. I respect that the tag-line of the video addresses their previous unfashionable past by saying, "It's True. It's K-mart." For a closer look at more Fall looks from Big K click here.

One thing that caught my eye however was this pair of Skinny Cargo Pants that looks suspiciously similar to the oh-so-popular J Brand Houlihan that former NY Times fashion critic Cathy Horyn previously raved about and retail stores couldn't keep in stock. I know that you might say these are just Cargo pants, but the pocket shape and diagonal leg seams are very similar. Since we don't have side or back views, I'm not sure if the K-mart version includes side zippers. I'm not sure how much the K-mart pair will run you but the J Brand Houlihan's are currently $231 and available in multiple fabrications and colors.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...