Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Now Wearing...

Print silk dress - Emma Cook x Topshop
Gray short sleeve knit - Club Monaco
Black & gray striped sweater jacket - Tommy Hilfiger
Black leggings - Uniqlo
Brown double buckle belt - Ann Taylor Loft

I really love mixing patterns. It's especially easy when sticking to a basic palette of grays and blacks. I also threw in a little brown. Some people don't like to mix black and brown, but I think it can be done and works best when the mixing is done in more than one place.

Last week while it was still cold and wet, I wore these boots since the forecast for the night was rainy. To balance the brown of the boots and to make the oversized dress less frumpy, I added a wide brown belt at my natural waist.
To avoid looking completely drab, I put on some red lipstick. I've actually become pretty obsessed with lipstick lately, specially red and purple.
Brown suede boots - Sporto
Rings - nOir, Forever 21 & Erica Anenberg
I'm also super obsessed with rings, though I think this obsession has been years in the making. The Erica Anenberg two-finger ring I bought from HauteLook a couple weeks ago for a little under $50 at 50% off, which was awesome until I saw my friend wearing a similar ring from H&M, which she bought for under $10.

2 comments:

Heather Cavanaugh said...

love the dress :)

http://fashionistanygirl.blogspot.com/

Monique said...

the dark red lipstick looks good on you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...