Friday, February 25, 2011

Mackage Fall 2011


Mackage was another show that I was super stoked to be attending. After a long week I made my way over to the Studio after work for 9pm. As soon as I got into the center - I got a boost of energy - probably because Mackage is one of my all time favorite lines for outerwear and makes me proud to be Canadian!

For menswear - there were a few more casual pieces this collection which included a fur lined parka, varsity type jackets with leather sleeves, and a slightly puffy wool coat for added warmth. As always, Mackage's construction is solid, their lines are clean and their detailing subtle with the ability to make a statement. I usually pick up one jacket a season - but I'm not sure what to get this time....at least I have 1/2 a year to decide!


Similar to the mens's outerwear, the women's pieces were a bit more casual than previous seasons with a move away from their traditional wools and leathers into other textiles including fur.

In terms of the RTW, I noticed quite a few pieces with strong shoulder lines paired with sleek silhouettes. The creme colored blouse on the bottom right with pleated details had great movement on the runway and looked amazing.

Images courtesy of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week

What I appreciate the most in the RTW collection is the fit of the garments. Similar to their outerwear counterparts, the clothes hug in all the right places and look oh so sleek and elegant.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...