Thursday, February 11, 2010

First Look: Tribal Couture

Erin and I trudged all over town tonight to check out a few shows and presentations. Through the snow and wind... My final stop was Bryant Park Hotel's Cellar Bar to check out Tribal Couture's fall/winter 2010 collection.

Tribal Couture is a relatively young jewelry line, founded by Veronica Zhou and her husband David Zhou. I've browsed through their collection online in the past, and a few pieces have caught my eye - Erin's too! So I was really looking forward to see Veronica's latest designs.

The collection was bold and glamorous and full of lust-worthy statement pieces. I loved the mixing of materials - metals, gems, fur (faux?), and feathers. I also loved the unique beads and bits that went into each necklace, as well as the overall shapes. The collar-like pieces, love the drama!
The runway show was nice, but it was difficult to catch all of the detail as the models danced down the runway. So I will probably be stopping by the Tribal Couture pop-up shop happening later this weekend to see the collection up close. If tonight was any indication, there will be some really amazing pieces worth checking out.

Who/What: Tribal Couture Jewelry Pop-Up Shop
When: Opens this Saturday, Feb 13th-25th 9AM-9PM
Where: 501 Lexington Ave between 47th & 48th St, next to Roger Smith Hotel

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...