Friday, February 18, 2011

Anna Sui Fall 2011


Thanks to my fantabulous roomie I had the chance to check out the Anna Sui show and backstage area. This was one of the shows I was most stoked about this FW since it was the first time I was going to get a glimpse of what goes on behind the scenes.


Racks of clothes and the show's lineup were pinned up on a cork board.
There was a display booth set up with a few posters and tables of accessories including sunglasses and shoes.

I didn't realize it when I snapped the pic, but that's Vanessa Hudgens' back on the far right!

I was so busy taking pics, I didn't realize that the WONDER GIRLS walked right past me!!! I ended up grabbing a couple shots of them and in case you didn't know, the Wonder Girls are one of the most infamous Korean pop groups there. I was in Korea back in 2009 and no joke - I heard their song "Nobody" every single day. Other celebs in attendance included Fergie and Sofia Coppola.
The backdrop for the runway itself was set up to mimic the look of Anna's retail stores which I thought was a nice touch and playfully done.

On to the show!....


Deep purples and a flurry of greens graced the runway in the beginning. It was actually a nice change for me since most of what I've seen in the past week was black. Don't get me wrong - I love black well because....it's black, but it was definitely nice to see some color. In particular, I thought the army print parka (bottom right) looked great on the runway.

Along with the prints, there was a definite 60's vibe that made its way into the collection which was playful and kept things light. Light pastel teals paired with black helped cut the softness of the color choice while giving a rockerish vibe to the looks.


Retro bohemain chic is something that always comes to mind when I think of Anna Sui and this was no exception. Fur pieces, the cutest animal hats ever , and prints galore - one of Anna's staples - all played their part and kept the collection true to form.


Perhaps my favorite of the night were the opening and closing models that came down the runway in sets of three in white and black and looked amazing. The white outfits were pure and ethereal like while in contrast, the black signified rocker chic.


(Clothing images only - courtesy of WWD)

Hands down one of the most memorable shows I've been to since I moved to NY!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...