Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Now Wearing...

Cream shaggy sweater - vintage
Blue dress - Mieko Mettucci, from Akira in Chicago
Lace tights - Xhilration, layered over sheer Calvin Klein tights for warmth
Black & white cutout flats - Jeffrey Campbell
Necklaces - Alex & Chloe and vintage
Rings & bangle - Forever 21 and H&M
I wore this outfit to a dinner party over the weekend, where this sweater was a total hit! It's one of my latest vintage finds, and I couldn't be more in love with it! I've been looking for a textured sweater for what feels like ages, but probably a year and half in reality. Anyhow, this sweater is such a dream. It's exactly what I've been searching for - warm, voluminous and shaggy.
It wasn't completely intentional, but when I was putting together this outfit for a dinner party over the weekend, Rodarte's fall 2008 show came to mind. They're obviously different looks, but I think I felt inspired by Rodarte's use of yarn and color patterns.
And lastly, a note about the accessories. I could have gone without any jewelry because there was enough happening with the sweater, but I wanted to balance out the black on bottom so I added the black Bonjour necklace and bangle. Then to break up the giant block of white on top, I added a long silver necklace which I knotted on the bottom to make it the right length.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...