Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Recycled Billboard Totes: Anna Sui x Target


If you've ever been to New York, I'm sure that you've seen ginormous billboards that take over Times Square. Did you ever wonder what becomes of these billboards when their time is over?

Well this time Target is collaborating on a Green initiative with Anna Sui and also up-and-coming artists Michael Anderson and Josh Goldstein who will create 2 billboards that will be up from Labor Day Weekend until Halloween (October 31, 2009). At the end of the campaign, the billboards will be recycled into vinyl tote bags as designed by Anna Sui. You can pre-order your tote on Target.com starting September 4, 2009, but they won't be shipping until January.

As the billboards are only so big, the bags will be limited edition and only 1600 will be made. Mark your calanders because you can choose which billboard you want to become your bag. Talk about Mass customization ;) Now you can own a piece of Times Square no matter where in the country you are.

1 comment:

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

Want! I miss NYC so much, I could really do with something like this, until I go back.

I wonder if Target ships to Europe?

Also, I was wondering if you could activate RSS subscriptions by e-mail? I just found your blog and would love to keep updated but I don't use feed readers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...