Monday, September 7, 2009

Pop Stars Drop Their Pants

Has anyone else noticed how all of the female pop stars have been trading in their pants for leotards? Awhile back, Erin wrote about the pant-less trend on fall 2009 runways and the red carpet. And now it seems that this trend is in full effect - at least in music videos.

Beyoncé, "Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)"


Lady Gaga, "Poker Face"

I credit Beyoncé and Lady Gaga for kicking off this trend. I love how Beyoncé kept it classy in her black and white 60's inspired video, and while Lady Gaga always dances on the edge on trashy and tacky, she's does the pantless look in the most glamourous way possible.
Ciara, "Love Sex Magic"

Shakira, "She Wolf"

All of these ladies have amazing bodies and look great in their bodysuits, but I feel like it's already maxing out.  With Ciara and Shakira, they look like they're trying too hard.  A couple phrases come to mind, "leave it to the imagination" and "effortlessly sexy".  I think the splits and rump shaking paired with the leotards is overwhelming.  We get it; you're in amazing shape and totally hot.

By the way, please watch the video for "She Wolf" and tell me what you think - hot or not? One of the best comments I've read about the video, "I don't know if I should laugh or be turned on."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...