Tuesday, August 4, 2009

So Rad Right Now

Last week, Rad Hourani debuted his secondary, more affordable line Rad by Rad Hourani at The Yard at Soho Grand. I think Highsnobette said it best. Rad Hourani's pieces "have enough edge and contruction to appeal to men and enough style and sexiness to appeal to women."

The collection will be available in stores and online at radbyradhourani.com late November, and prices will range from $100 to $400.

As you've probably noticed from my style diary, I'm obsessed with color, but I love Hourani's use of black, white and gray. The simple palette keeps the focus on the design and subtle details. I just love the balance of structured and slouchy!

I think Rad Hourani will be the next Alexander Wang. He's already made fans of Vogue Italia, Style.com, Jak and Jil and Refinery 29. And he's only had three collections!

Awhile back my friend Steven called me up during Fall 09 Fashion Week to tell me he saw the most amazing show, Rad Hourani. He also went to the after party and met Hourani. If only I hadn't caught the flu the night before! You can see a few of Steven's pictures on his blog, and here's a video of Rad Hourani Fall Winter 09.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...