Monday, August 3, 2009

Not Lost in Translation: M.Ward


Artist: M. Ward
Recommended If You Like: Andrew Bird, Bon Iver, Vetivier, My Morning Jacket

My roommate introduced me to Portland, Oregon based singer-songwriter M.Ward earlier this week and I had the chance to see him live this weekend at Central Park's Summerstage. He has an amazing husky voice that sounds exactly as he does recorded as he does live! He is also fantastic on both the keyboard and guitar while weaving out relaxed, folk/rock tunes. Watch his music video for Chinese Translation below, it's adorable, touching and sad.

You can check out his sound on myspace.com/mward or download the free track Never Had Nobody But You (feat. Zooey Deschanel) via RCRD LBL.com.


2 comments:

Carolyn said...

I'm taking this as a sign to just freaking buy some of his music. I keep running into him everywhere!! (not physically, of course) I'm a HUGE Andrew Bird fan, in fact I spent most of this weekend with him in my ear, over and over...thanks for posting this.

Erin said...

haha that is definitely a sign ;) It's funny when you first notice an artist you start seeing/hearing them everywhere! Glad you enjoyed^^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...