Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Preview: Betsey Johnson Archive


The folks at Dazed Digital released the first pics of Betsey Johnson Archive Collection which in collaboration of the boutique Opening ceremony will bring you a 35-piece collection of clothing and accessories based on Johnson’s signature line as well as her Alley Cat and Paraphernalia lines from the 1960s. The Betsey Johnson Archive collection will be available for fall 2009 at Opening Ceremony NY and LA and at select Betsey Johnson boutiques.

Circle Ring Zippers, Snake and cherry print, mini's, peplums and a harem jumpsuit make up this collection based on some of her favorite "classics". I personally like the cherry print peplum and the snakeskin print, but some pieces are looking slightly too fresh in my mind as total 80s. What do you think? Are you feeling this collection?



1 comment:

Carolyn said...

I wouldn't necessarily choose these looks as definitive of her entire career. I'm not an expert or anything, but I remember a lot of things she did that didn't include so much zipperage. I, too dig the cherry outfit most. Hmmm...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...