Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Amanda Blank, Sassy & Sexy

Artist: Amanda Blank
Recommended If You Like: Kid Sister, M.I.A., Spank Rock, Diplo

Amanda Blank is Philly's hottest female rapper. She's been collaborating with Santogold, Diplo, M.I.A. and Ghostface Killah just to name a few. She's writes pop songs, though her lyrics are far from bubble gum. Her lyrics are overtly sensual and fearless.

The first time I heard Amanda was on Spank Rock's "Bump" from their album YoYoYoYoYo. I was hooked to her unique vocals and amazed by how clever and unapologetic her lines were. Track 6, I still remember; I had that ish on loop.

You can stream some tracks on her MySpace page and download Amanda Blank's first official single "Might Like You Better" at rcrdlbl.com.

I'm really excited because Amanda Blank's debut album I Love You is scheduled to come out this July on Downtown Records. And she's going to be at Le Poisson Rouge this Friday, June 5th. Tickets are $10 advance, $12 at the door.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...