Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Now Wearing...

This outfit is a combination of good deals and lucky finds that I've collected over the years. The H&M dress was only $5! I found it on super clearance last summer. Even at $5, there was an entire rack of them; I think because it's not quite a dress and not quite a tunic. Also, it's a halter, yet frumpy. Attracted to voluminous items and styling challenges, I decided to give it a try.
I don't get to wear the dress often because it's not too versatile, but it's one of my favorite pieces. During warmer seasons, I'll wear it with leggings, a strapless top, and sometimes go without the belt. But during the winter, with pants and extra layers under, I'll go with a belt to create a waist and look less bulky. Plus, belts add some fun!

Black halter tunic dress - H&M ($5, from last summer)
Black layering cami - Express ($10, from three years ago)
Black lace patterned long sleeve - The Limited (free, from a friend via clothing swap)
Black flower headband - Forever 21 ($7, almost a year ago)
Brown leather gold chain belt - vintage, found in New York ($12, a few months ago)
Dark teal colored jeans - Uniqlo ($40, retail $50, a few months ago)
Black heels - gentle souls by Kenneth Cole ($60, retail $229, last month)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a great way to use that belt!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...