Thursday, January 8, 2009

Ladyhawke Is Not A Band

Artist: Ladyhawke
Recommended If You Like: Stevie Nicks, Blondie, The Ting Tings, Van She

I have my friend Brian to thank for introducing me to Ladyhawke. She's not a band; she's a solo singer-songwriter from New Zealand. Catchy pop melodies, a touch of 80's new wave, and charming vocals, Ladyhawke is finding her way to the top of my playlist.

Ladyhawke's released her self-titled album on Modular Records a few months ago. Standout tracks include: "Paris is Burning", "My Dellirum", "Love Don't Live Here" and "Magic". You can stream a few songs at myspace.com/ladyhawkerock and download a Van She remix of "Back of the Van" from her website, ladyhawkemusic.com.

2 comments:

Seij said...

I'm diggin' Ladyhawke

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...