Thursday, December 11, 2008

Lanvin for Acne



Alber Elbaz often leaves a girl weak in the knees with his Lanvin creations. The bespectacled designer will be collaborating with Swedish denim company Acne to create a 28 piece collection that combines what NY Mag describes as "the classic style and impeccable detailing of Lanvin with the slightly rugged and hip look that Acne is famous for. Made from Italian and Japanese fabrics, the denim is minimally treated so it keeps its rich color."

I think it's a beautiful collection. The short trench, cropped brass button jacket and the strapless dress are my favorites. I only wish it was a little more affordable for my budget, prices range from $410 for shorts to $520 for jeans to $820 for a dress to $1350 for the trenches. These prices in my opinion are especially high for denim and given the state of the economy. Usually designer collaborations take a high end product and bring it into the realm of affordability. Unfortunately it looks like I won't be able to satisfy my Alber fix for a long time. Target or someone please hear my cries!

The entire collection will be available next week at in stores at Acne Studio, Barneys New York, and online.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...