Saturday, November 29, 2008

DIY: Watch It Fit

A couple weeks ago I went to the Gucci Sample Sale. I woke up extra early on the second day of sales, braved the lines, and in the end I got this little watch for over 80% off retail value. It's actually a men's watch but I liked the chunkier proportions on my wrist.
Dilemna? As it was a men's watch it was a little bit big for my wrist. I wanted to wear my watch right away so I didn't want to bother taking it to a jewler/watch store. I figured it couldn't hurt to try to adjust the strap myself.So I located the arrows on the watch strap.Used a pen/push pin to poke out the spoke from the farthest point to where I wanted to adjust the watch to and pressed against a flat surface. Pushing the pen/pin into the arrow.I removed the 2 thin metal pins to take out the portion I didn't need, while being very careful not to loose the pieces.I matched the metal watch strap up
Then I took the pin and placed it back into the watch the same way that it originally came out. Fat end of the pin away from the arrows.
I used a hard flat surface to push the pin back in. (Actually a hand cream jar). Repeat on the other side.
Voila! A watch that fits!
*Warning* Try only at your own risk.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...