Saturday, October 11, 2008

Diesel XXX Party


At this very moment, Diesel is celebrating it's XXX (read 30th) anniversary in Tokyo. Today in 17 cities, Diesel is throwing down parties with 80 live acts all over the world. It's insane.


In New York, M.I.A., N.E.R.D., and Hot Chip are scheduled to perform later tonight at Pier 3 in Brooklyn. There were rumors throughout the week about Britney Spears being added to the roster, but let's be real, Diesel is too cool for Britney. There were various giveaways throughout the week, but the main way to get tickets was to stand in line at the one of the two Diesel stores in Manhattan and buy a pair of their $50 limited edition jeans.


I stopped by the Union Square location 15 minutes before store opening, and as expected, the line was absolute mayhem. $50 Diesel jeans, steal. M.I.A., N.E.R.D., and Hot Chip, amazing. I wouldn't expect anything less from New Yorkers. If you got tickets, I'm jealous and I hope you have a fantastic time tonight.

The anniversary jeans were also available online, but without the promise of concert tickets, I had no interest in buying them. Distressed jeans are cool and all, but there is such thing as overkill. I did like the small embroidered dates on the sides though.

Because it's 2008 and the future, you can watch the international broadcast at diesel.com. And if you don't have virgin ears, search the internet for Diesel's XXX Anniversary video. It's outrageously hilarious.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...