Thursday, September 25, 2008

Jonathan Saunders at Target? No... Shiny Leggings? Yes!

So you've probably heard/read in our previous posts all about the Bulleye Bodegas that were a 4-day special event that featured designers/collections for Target not yet available in stores. I had picked up a few pieces at the press event and was eager to see more. Earlier today I heard a rumor that Jonathan Saunders had hit stores a week early at the Brooklyn Target, so I went to investigate for myself.

The verdict? The collection has not hit, there are a random smattering of items in various sizes. Usually no more than one piece in one size of one item.

Reality? I suspect people returned their Bullseye Bodega purchases in-store to create the random smorgasborg of offerings.

But the visit wasn't a total loss...as I found something I've been looking for at an incredible price!

The Item: Shiny leggings! Shiny Leggings have been spotted on various celebrities (ie. Rihanna, Kate Moss, Mary Kate Olsen etc) since last year.





The Kova & T Oxy legging being the most popular but at a price tag of $115 I wasn't sure how badly I needed them. But these aren't even the most expensive of the ones that I have seen, Les Chiffoniers has a PVC version for a whopping$405 which I think is a pretty extreme price for unbreathable PVC. American Apparel has plenty of shiny leggings in a rainbow of colors for $42 which isn't bad. But it was at Target that I got totally excited to find Xhilaration at Target did a version for the budget friendly price of $12.99! Unfortunately these are not available online at the present time, but there was about a rack left when I was at Target on Tuesday. I'm not sure how I'll rock these yet, but stay tuned to find out!

*Warning these don't have very much stretch because of the coating and Xhilaration is Juniors sizing so I would size up*




Also FYI although Target.com is sold out of Subversive for Target Necklaces, there are about 4 left at 75% off in store.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'M A GUY BUT I LOVE THE TARGET LEGGINGS BY XHIL. LEGGINGS. TRUE YOU DO HAVE TO SIZE UP. I'M USUALLY A MEDIUM BUT I HAD TO GET A LARGE. THE ARE PERFECT BECAUSE THE EXTRA SHINY COATING REALLY CATCHES THE LIGHT AND BRINGS OUT MY CURVES.

Erin said...

Glad you love your leggings as much as I love mine^^

Sandra said...

Love love shiny leggins!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...