Tuesday, April 2, 2013

HP x Project Runway Party

2013-03-28 19.00.04HP Project Runway (5)
Last week I went to the Style Coalition lounge for an HP x Project Runway viewing party. The party theme was color-blocking. Being a lover of color, this was a fun challenge and I found some blue pieces in my closet and made them pop with yellow tights and necklace.  I have to admit it was fun to see color again, and the perfect start to my Easter weekend.

The reason for the theme was based on a Project Runway challenge, where contestants created a look inspired by mid-century art at The Guggenheim.
HP Project Runway (3)HP Project Runway (6)HP Project Runway (8)

We got to actually compete against other attendees to create the best design as well with this premise by draping fabric on a dress form. The winning design by Jenny from I-Spy-DIY won the latest HP ENVY X2! It's a PC that transforms into a Tablet for life on-the-go. To be perfectly honest, maybe I now have a little bit of envy. The convertible factor has me a bit awed plus it's the same PC that contestants use on the show.
HP Project Runway (4)
Project Runway contestant Carol Hannah attended the party to watch this season's competitors send their designs down the runway. You can see all the designs here.

HP Project Runway (2)HP Project Runway (7)
After our competition we sat down to watch the show while snacking on some delicious treats and Pomegranate / St. Germain cocktails. As bloggers always do, there was plenty of witty commentary throughout the show as we tweeted the night away. Thanks to Style Coalition and HP for a colorful lift to my week.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...