Monday, April 22, 2013

Designer Collaboration: Michael Bastian x Uniqlo

(image courtesy of WWD)

Designer collaborations are a dime a dozen these days - so by default I've become desensitized to them.  After going batshit crazy in the past and lining up to buying something only to never wear it, I've learned to seriously edit down my choices before I even set foot into a store.  However, every rule has exceptions and this is definitely one of them.  2011 CFDA winner Michael Bastian is doing a collaboration with Uniqlo comprised solely of polo shirts.  Bastian has done amazing things with GANT and is one of my favorite American designers so I'm glad he's pairing up with one of my go-to fast fashion retailers, Uniqlo.
Preppy, clean, wearable (IMO: this is the single most important factor when deciding whether or not to buy a collaboration piece) and incredibly affordable at just $19.90, I'm definitely going to try and pick up a few when the line drops on May 20, 2013.

Here's a closer look at the pieces:
(images courtesy of Uniqlo)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...