Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Bringing in the New Year with Vintage Sequins

With New Year's Eve right around the corner, I've got sequins on the brain.  For the holiday season I love sequins dresses from the 80s.  I'm not a girly girl, so I love balancing what otherwise might be super feminine with power shoulders.  And to avoid looking like a member of The Golden Girls or ironic hipster, I like to wear 80s dresses with modern pumps and booties.

If you're looking for the typical sexy New Year's Eve dress, you can stop reading this post now.  If you're open to trying something fun and funky, I hope you'll enjoy some of the vintage dresses I found on Etsy and the new shoes I've paired them with.

Dolce Vita Kemp, $179.99 on sale (retail $189)

Rebecca Taylor Skylar, $149 on sale (retail $295)


Nine West Haywire, $82.99 on sale (retail $119)

*Use "MUKKILOVESME" at checkout for 15% off, and if you love vintage, be sure to check out the rest of Mukki Shop.  This Chicago-based Etsy shop has some really unique pieces, and their styling is awesome!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...