Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Now Riding...

Photos by James Rand

Yes, I ride a moped or what some call a "mini motorcycle with pedals".  A few months ago, with the help of my good friend Mikey I bought a moped!  It's a vintage 1970s Pinto, manufactured by Puch and sold at JCPenney.


I'm a complete novice when it comes to mechanics.  I'm constantly asking Mikey questions and searching forums for answers, and it's quite fun and rewarding.  The moped community in Chicago is really friendly, and a shop opened up on Western this past summer - MOPED!

You can see my moped in action in this sweet video by Leo Burnett featuring my friend Roberto.  Right around 2:49, you'll see my friends flying by and a nice long shot of the city... then a quick appearance by yours truly.




Moped - vintage 1970s JCPenney Pinto
Gold jacket - Secondhand
Floral helmet - AGV
Color block dress - Pixie Market
Boots - Justin Roper



Oh you know, just me and the gang.  While James was snapping pictures, these kids asked if they could jump in the photo and there you have it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...