Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Accessorize Your Collared Shirts

Collared shirts are great.  They add a little structure, and they're especially great when you work in a business casual environment.  In the past, I've worn my collared shirts with statement necklaces, but inspired by a recent trip to Denver, I've started borrowing from cowboys and ladies of the 80s.

Horse pin bolo tie, a souvenir from Denver landmark Rockmount Ranch Wear

Stud earrings worn as collar tips

I did internet research, and apparently bolo neck ties are in right now - ex: Topshop, Nasty Gal, Luv AJ, .  I'm not that surprised considering the trendiness of boho chic and collared shirts.  I just feel silly for being slightly conscious about wearing a bolo tie knowing that many have rocked them before me.

In my research, I came across a few bolo ties that I would love to have in my collection.

A bit "festival wear", but would be great with a chambray shirt

This number would dress up any shirt.

This with a white or cream sleeveless collared skirt? Yes!

I had contemplated picking up a set of collar points while in Denver, but ended up deciding against it since I don't own many collared skirts.  The past few days, I've been improvising and using stud earrings are collar tips.  It can be a little tricky since the pin on earrings is a bit longer than true collar points (poke!), but I've switched out the backs with true pins and it's been working out nicely.

And after doing a fair amount of online browsing, I may just end up buying a set of collar tips because they're just so fun and affordable to boot!  What do you think?


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...