Thursday, February 16, 2012

Runway Review: Geoffrey Mac Fall 2012

I started off this past Sunday hitting up Geoffrey Mac's show at Exit Art in Chelsea. The mood of the show was upbeat with tons of color, plays on geometric shapes and textures. The models all sported these amazing voluminous 60's hairdos paired with bold eyeshadow to complement the collection.  In some ways it reminded me of the Stepford Wives of the future!
IMAG4630IMAG4633IMAG4635IMAG4636IMAG4637IMAG4639IMAG4640IMAG4646
In addition to the multitude of colors including neons, aquas, yellow and red were paired with neutrals like black, white and camel. A lot of the pieces sported strong and exaggerated shoulder lines which gave the collection an edgy and futuristic vibe.  Leather was combined with different fabrics and shapes was seen throughout the collection.
Overall definitely one of the more out there and light-hearted shows I've been to in a while! My work schedule has been brutal for the last month and it was refreshing to be reminded that life is fun, full of color and not always serious!
Here's a quick video I shot of the final runway walk - excuse the shakiness though! It's one of the first videos I've taken with my new camera so I'm still getting used to it!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...