Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Lands’ End Canvas Spring 2012

IMAG3676IMAG3677
Lands' End Canvas only recently came on my radar after they sent me a really cute sweater to try out a couple months ago.  I got a closer look at more of the collection a few weeks ago when they invited me to preview their Spring 2012 collection at the Highline Stages.  The event was super laid back and fun with different areas set up displaying the clothes.  Artwork on the wall and art students from SVA at work creating artwork throughout the party.   Plenty of tasty snacks kept party goers amused - especially because they kept serving hanging food like pizza's on S hooks and hook shaped hot pretzels.  Later on in the evening the Boston based band The Wandas entertained the crowd with very chill retro rock tunes.
IMAG3678IMAG3680IMAG3681
The clothes really had a charming, slightly rugged clean-cut All-American feel with all the nautical stripes, layering, plaid, gingham, chambray, eyelet and khaki going on.  For womenswear the pieces looked really easy-to-wear and cute but fairly modest.  None of the hemlines were too short or the necklines too low - just a sweet, wholesome and pretty.  While I probably wouldn't wear any of the looks aside from the trench with the rolled trousers head-to-toe there were a lot of great pieces that I wouldn't mind adding to my wardrobe.  I was a fan in particular of some of the great accessories - colorful skinny woven belts, little cross-body satchels and leather loafers - yes, please!
IMAG3682IMAG3683IMAG3684IMAG3686IMAG3687IMAG3688IMAG3689IMAG3690IMAG3691
While I'm no menswear expert I thought that some of these looks were pretty adorable with the little bright pops of color or fun patterns and the skinny ties.
IMAG3692IMAG3695IMAG3696IMAG3694IMAG3699
By the time I was ready to leave it was fun to see how much the artists had progressed and the variety of styles created in such a short amount of time.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...