Saturday, November 26, 2011

Now Wearing...

The past few days in Toronto with Jeff and Erin has been the perfect mini vacation - lots of eating, walking, window shopping and lounging.

The city of Toronto is quite large in size and made up of many, many neighborhoods.  Kensington reminded me a lot of San Francisco with its hippie vibe and low key vintage shops.  The clothing and home decor boutiques, eateries and galleries of Queen Street West and West Queen West reminded me of Wicker Park, Chicago and west Chelsea in Manhattan.

There's basically no culture shock going from the States to Canada, but it's certainly fun to observe and experience the little differences like paying with a 2 dollar coin.  Overall, Toronto is kind of like Chicago but with hills, Monopoly-colored money and ketchup flavored potato chips.
Striped top - Zara
Skirt & pink belt - secondhand
Black booties - Rockport (packed these because the weather forecast originally included rain)
Neon satchel - The Cambridge Satchel Company

My friend Havy gave me this bag for my birthday back in June.  It was one of the sweetest gifts ever.  She ordered it monogramed directly from The Cambridge Satchel Co site.  If you're not looking to get it monogrammed, you can also order it from Mod Cloth (neon pink or orange) or ASOS (cracked neon yellow & handful of other colors are on sale).

I love the color and sturdiness of my Cambridge Satchel, but I will say that I'm disappointed with the buckles.  They're a pain to fasten and unfasten, and the neon around the buckles has already started to crack with very minimal use.  If this bag had faux buckles with magnets closures instead, it would be the perfect bag.  It gets compliments literally everywhere I go.
Thank you to Erin and Jeff for showing me their hometown and Havy for setting me up with a hot little bag for my travels.  And... obligatory, happy jumping photo!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...