Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Spring 2012: CHRISHABANA & Enemy by CHRISHABANA

A couple years ago, Chris Habana and his line caught my attention at Shop Gen Art event. I was drawn to his use of geometric and three dimensional shapes. Since then CHRISHABANA has been featured in quite a few editorial spreads.
This past New York Fashion Week, Erin and I stopped by Chris Habana's presentation.  The presentation featured two collections, CHRISHABANA "Now is Tomorrow" and My Enemy by CHRISHABANA "It's the End of the World as We Know It, And I Feel Fine." 
The CHRISHABANA collection featured signature pieces like the cage cross and cage crystal necklaces and new pieces like the necklaces above and below on the left.  It's really fun and exciting to see him use new materials and colors to create extra bold statement pieces.

My Enemy by CHRISHABANA featured less polished pieces, many made of mini bones.  This collection definitely had a goth rave feel.
The pieces that caught my attention were the ear cuffs.  I've been looking at vintage ear cuffs from the 1970s lately, and I'm excited to see them come back in new form.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...