Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Fall 2011: Rebecca Minkoff

One of the most anticipated shows of this past fashion week was Rebecca Minkoff. The previous season she held her Spring 2011 presentation in The Box, and Fall 2011 was in The Theater, Lincoln Center's largest venue!

I couldn't see much from where I was at, but I could definitely feel the energy and spirit of the presentation. There was a live soundtrack provided by Charlotte Kemp Muhl and Sean Lennon (The Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger. The show opened with a slow song. Then Charlotte picked up the guitar and the show began.

I missed some of the intimacy of a presentation setting, where we could study the details of the garments and accessories, but it was clear that this runway show was all about the clothes.

My favorite pieces from the show were the jackets. You know, I'm a sucker for shaggy sweaters and the fur look. These pieces would be easy to incorporate into any wardrobe and add a touch of glam to every look.



Runway photos courtesy of Minkette

In the past when clothes were the canvas for Rebecca Minkoff's accessories, the ready to wear collection included a lot of basics and understated pieces, so I was a bit surprised to see trendier pieces and prints like leopard and dark floral. I'm not sure if I'll still be obsessed with leopard come next fall, but the dark floral print is something I could definitely see myself in.

For the final walk, Charlotte Kemp Muhl played the accordian. It was pretty damn cute.

I really admire Rebecca Minkoff. Erin and I had the pleasure of meeting her a couple times, and she's very friendly and personable. She's a incredibly successful designer and business woman (handbags, shoes, apparel) - and soon to be mom! I look forward to seeing what she does next.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...