Monday, March 14, 2011

Jenny Packham Fall 2011

Jenny-Packham-Fall-2011-NYFW (1)Jenny-Packham-Fall-2011-NYFW (2)

The Jenny Packham show has a special place in my heart as for many years I tried to fill the man void on Valentine’s Day with fashion!  Unfortunately, much like my love life, a Valentine’s Day fashion show always alluded me.  Seriously I would have a packed schedule the day before and/or after but never a single Valentine’s day invite.  This year the tides turned and found both a show and a Valentine to share the day with!

Jenny-Packham-Fall-2011-NYFW (3)Jenny-Packham-Fall-2011-NYFW (4)

I first discovered the Brit designer’s stunning dresses on the racks of Harrod’s as my friend told me that she was hopeful of Kate Middleton choosing Jenny Packham to be her wedding dress designer.  I found myself soon in awe and wonderment of all the sparkly and fanciful creations.  Yes, I have magpie syndrome and any sparkly thing catches my eye.  Fortunately Ms Packham does the job right and her creations are not only sparkly but they are also sexy and classy in the same breath.

Jenny-Packham-Fall-2011-NYFW (7)Jenny-Packham-Fall-2011-NYFW (8)Jenny-Packham-Fall-2011-NYFW (10)

For Fall 2011, It was all about Glitter & Gold!  Gold Lamé, gold shingle-like sequins and gold tone panné velvet hit the runway for strong impact.  The other strong message was nude.  Nude tones were also a strong message. Both nude and black with the addition of gunmetal and crystal spider web beading looked fresh. I especially loved how it looked in the form of leggings that created a disco leg effect on the runway.  Lengths of dresses varied between tunics, micro-minis and maxi lengths. Sheerness was also important in the collection and definitely added to the sexy factor as did the masterfully draped plunging cowl necks. Some of the cowl necklines had an almost architecturally engineered quality to them that made them look very modern again.

Jenny-Packham-Fall-2011-NYFW (11)Jenny-Packham-Fall-2011-NYFW (12)Jenny-Packham-Fall-2011-NYFW (13)

Unfortunately due to a personal loss, Ms Packham wasn’t able to attend the show or greet us during the runway finale.

If you haven’t heard of Jenny Packham before expect to hear her name again in the near future.  Gorgeous.

Jenny-Packham-Fall-2011-NYFW (14)Jenny-Packham-Fall-2011-NYFW (15)Jenny-Packham-Fall-2011-NYFW (16)

1 comment:

Debie said...

Ah, I love! So sparkly and pretty! And I swear I heard that Martin Solveig song everywhere during NYFW, so catchy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...