Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Golden Globes at Style Coalition Lounge

Golden Globe Party (1)So honestly, I used to be pained while watching awards shows. Growing up, I felt obligated to watch them because the next day at school to be a “cool kid” you had to pay attention to what the celebrities were wearing and who wore what. I used to wish everything could go in Fast Forward and I could see what everyone wore and who won what. Even now, it’s something that on my own, I might not enjoy particularly but throw in a group of amazing fun people, some delicious cocktails by Given and a wonderful space it suddenly becomes a super fun event.

So when a couple weeks ago, I was invited to hang out with some fellow bloggers at the Style Coalition Lounge and watch the Golden Globes I was glad to welcome a change to my regular awards show watching ceremonies of the past. I had an awesome time commenting on every starlet’s outfit while tweeting up a storm, something that is not always socially acceptable amongst my non-blogging friends.Golden Globe Party (3)Golden Globe Party (2)www.anaphoto.net

Thanks to Dickinson’s Original Witch Hazel, Ted Gibson for the wonderful gift bags and Ana Schechter for taking all the photos. Esp my “red carpet” glamor shots.

Golden Globes ErinGolden Globes Erin 2

So in case you didn’t notice sometimes I like to be a bit of a theme dresser. For the Superbowl last year I even wore a football inspired outfit. So for the Golden Globes, only one dress came to mind - it was a gold shimmer knit dress. My lovely friend TM gave me the dress at a clothing swap and I was waiting for just the occasion for the excuse to wear it. After putting together the outfit I discovered I loved the dress even more than I originally thought,

Gold Sweater Dress - Vintage via Clothing Swap
Beret - Lauren by Ralph Lauren
Gold Tie Belt - Vintage via Cure Thrift Shop
Studded Cuff - Linea Pelle, Courtesy of Lucky Mag
Over the Knee Boots - Delman
Long Cardigan - Zara

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love that outfit!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...