Sunday, October 10, 2010

NYFW Spring 2011: Rebecca Minkoff

There was a lot of excitement around Rebecca Minkoff spring 2011. This was her first season doing footwear, and she had high-profile blogger Rumi of Fashion Toast modeling in her presentation.
The crowded for this presentation was intense; I remember reading on Twitter that the line was even longer than the one for Catherine Malandrino's show! And once inside I noticed a lot of flashes directed at Rumi and the corner of the room, and that's when I noticed Danny Masterson and Michelle Trachtenberg.
Rebecca Minkoff has perfected the balance of bold, yet understated and effortless, yet polished. Many of her looks would be great for day to night dressing. The clothes were very wearable, and the palette consisted of of black, nude with pops of red. The simplistic clothes made a nice backdrop for what she does best - accessories.
The handbags, oh the handbags! My personal favorites were classic functional shapes with modern accents like patent leather and some of the more casual slouchy crossbodies.
And lastly the shoes - lovely heels and wedges! I loved the colors and materials she used. I spotted leather, wood and silver snake. My personal favorites were the cutout wedges and the black Vixen perforated leather heels, which Erin actually posted about awhile back.
Rebecca Minkoff is a great designer, and having met her a couple times, I have to say she's a smart business woman too. It's incredible how much her line has grown, and with a solid spring collection, I hope for and expect nothing but the best for Rebecca Minkoff and her team.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...