Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Now Wearing...

Plaid top - Steven Alan
Black shorts - McQ for Target
Woven oxford flats - Jeffrey Campbell

I'm a dork. Look at me, I'm wearing a giant white helmet and dressed like a child. I wore this because I wanted something practical for bike riding, but also fun and summery for the weekend.

This is one of my favorite tops; you may recognize it from our Sugar Rock Catwalk banner! When I want it to look less playful, I layer it over a neutral colored tank like dark brown or gray and finish with pants and wedges.

I've been biking a lot this summer. It's so much fun to be outside and I prefer it to the train when I can. Just a few bike-riding clothing tips I've picked up over the past couple of months:
- Go with breathable fabrics like linen or a thin cotton
- Avoid polyester or nylon unless they're specifically designed to wicker moisture away from your body
- Shorts & rompers are great
- Dresses can be worn if they are long enough, but if you're going to bike with a dress, be careful to avoid getting caught in your bike chain
- Closed toe flats are the best and don't wear shoes you'd be sad about scuffing
- Backpacks are super practical, but you may get sweaty. Consider a crossbody with an adjustable strap or bike basket!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...