Thursday, March 24, 2011

Tomas for Supima: Men's T


A little over a year ago, we posted about the Supima Design Competition - where Robin Tomas' winning mens T would go on to be produced and sold at Bloomingdale's. I meant to check this out on this past weekend during the launch but never got around to it - so I went to check it out after work this week since I'm not too far from Bloomy's.
Supima cotton is one of those fabrics that just feels right. It's so friggen soft that sometimes I wish all my clothes were made out of it. The T comes in a midnight blue outer layer and heather gray under layer - and of course it's damn comfortable!

One of the first things I noticed about the T is that it only had two layers as opposed to three in Tomas' original design. It's funny how things usually get modded during production whether it's to cut cost, logistical or whatever the case may be. While I do like the look of the three layers, I think two is adequate - three would have just added more weight to the T and upped it's retail price.
Probably what I liked most about the shirt were the raw edges. The under layer on the sleeve and the hemlines on the body were both left raw which was nice. I just wished raw hemlines on jersey would stay put instead of rolling up (like on my arm in the pic).

If you're interested in picking up one of these T's, they are sold exclusively at Bloomingdale's flagship store on 59th and will set you back $88. Considering a basic T by the Supima line will set you back about $50, I don't think this is overpriced (albeit it's not super cheap either!).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...