Sunday, February 14, 2010

First Look: Telfar FW2010

The of the infamous Fashion Week blizzard, we trekked out to past past 11th Avenue to Club Amnesia for Telfar's Fall 2010 show entitled, Extreme Lengths. The soundtrack of the show was a series of Top 40 pop songs remixed to be dark and experimental, which parallels what Telfar did with American classics.
Telfar played with American basics like jersey, khaki and corduroy and created a look that I would describe as modern grunge. Many of the pieces were oversized with long hems for cuffing and layering - great for winter.
For the show, Telfar teamed up with American Apparel for some jersey and Converse to create special edition shoes, which they will be selling as a part of Project (Red).
I know some guys might look at Telfar's show and think, "I could never pull that off." I actually think the pieces are quite wearable; after all, they're basically stylized basics. While I agree this look might not be for everyone, it would be easy to incorporate a piece or two from Telfar into one's existing wardrobe for a hot, new look. And for the ladies, one could easily pair any of the tops of jackets with a pair of skinny jeans or leggings.

1 comment:

Alice said...

I think I get it...it is a great look if you can pull it off. Otherwise it may just look frumpy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...