Thursday, January 28, 2010

Now Playing: I Blame Coco

I'm not one to follow so-called "It Girls", but if I had to guess who's next, I'd say Coco Stumner. Her casual cool style is somewhere between Alexa Chung and Alison Mosshart of The Kills, and she's actually talented! I've been listening to her music lately, and I'm in love with her.
She's only 20 years old, but her voice is so deep and husky in a good way. Her lyrics are pretty great too; she writes the cutest lines about crushes and unrequited love. She has a single out and a few songs floating around on the web from earlier days. My personal favorite is "Never Be", which you can download from awmusic.ca.

If you think she looks familiar, perhaps you've seen her in a Burberry ad or a family photo with Sting. Yes, she's Sting's daugher.

Check out the video for "I Blame Coco", her first single featuring Robyn. I'm absolutely in love with the vidoe; I might even say that I love it more than the song. I love the styling, muted colors and mix of textures.


And if you're not already in love with her, one more video. She's so cute and girl crush worthy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...