Monday, December 14, 2009

Trend Report: Roper Boots

Last fall I wrote about roper boots coming into style, and this season the trend is in full effect. I've spotted a lot of roper-style boots in-stores and online.


Jeffrey Campbell "Acme Lace Up Boots", $190 at Shopbop
& We Who See "Fringe Boot", $78 at Urban Outfitters

If you're in the market for lace-up boots, may I suggest the original roping boot from Justin? I love these boots because they accomplish the look of combat boots without being too chunky or heavy, and the fringe in the front... fun!


I recently bought a pair for myself from justinbootstore.com which ships directly from the manufacturer for $89 plus $6.95 shipping & handling. The website and e-commerce experience are a bit archaic, but it works and their customer service is great. I had to exchange for a smaller size. It always stinks to spend extra money I spent to send it back.

I missed the size chart when I placed my order, and I ordered a 7 which is my usual size. The boots actually run quite large, so I had to return and order a size 6. Justin roper boots also come in a variety of widths. I think a C width would fit nicely for anyone with average to slightly wide feet.

These boots are a good buy and in most cases, actually cheaper than the boots they inspired. They're well made, and the foot bed is very comfortable.

If you're open to wearing secondhand, you can find them on eBay by searching "lace up roper". They used to go for $30-$70, but with them becoming more popular, they usually sell for $50-$100. If you live in Texas or Oklahoma, check your local thrift store. I hear you can find them for five bucks!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i've been wanting these all season! BUT the new ones are overpriced and i haven't quite found the right vintage pair yet. nor am i certain i can pull off the look, but i do like them. can't wait to see you rocking urs in wburg ;)

Megan said...

Actually, the manufacturer's Web site is www.justinboots.com. And if you go to this page, http://www.justinboots.com/en/Locator.html, you'll find a whole list of online retailers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...