Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Bubble Wrap Chanel...What Would the Kaiser Say?


Was walking down 38th Street between 7th & 8th Ave and I noticed a rather unusual window display. Those ubiquitous interlocking Chanel C's with a faux tote, 2.55 bag and Chanel inspired suit made of bubble wrap with the message "Burst the Bubble on Fashion Fakes".

As you've probably noticed via our dupli-Caught posts, Lani and I are not a fan of fakes so I'm all for the message but I'm not quite sure why they used Chanel as the prime example when really fake LV's, Prada and Coach bags seem much more prevalent to me whenever I am trying to escape the Canal Street vendors. I also thought it was interesting considering that Chanel has been recently accused and cleared of counterfeiting charges themselves.

Do you think it makes for an effective message and would the Kaiser approve?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...