Saturday, November 7, 2009

Music for the Weekend


1. "Heads Will Roll", Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Every time I listen to this track, I want to put on my leather jacket and 4 inch heels. This song is so bad ass. I love that it's kind of eerie and mellow, but still makes me want to do a little shake.

I've always admired Karen O's unique sense of style. It's fun, bold and un-formulaic. I'm loving her dress and the crazy clear puff sleeves in this video. I probably wouldn't wear it in real life, but for a music video, I think it's perfect.

2. "Crystalised (Rory Phillips Remix)", The XX
The XX has been in heavy rotation in my iTunes, and this remix from Rory Phillips is one of the main reasons.

3. "Earthquake", Little Boots
This is and has always been my favorite track from Little Boots. I'm so happy she made it a single! A side note about Ms. Boots, she is so cute and funny; she tagged her video with "not lady gaga". Love!

4. "Something New", The Black Ghosts
Not a new track, but it never seems to get old for me. I listen to this song whenever I need a little pick me up. It's been very helpful for me with brainstorm and work sessions.

5. "Seven (Crookers Remix)", Fever Ray
If you're a fan of The Knife, you'll probably recognize the vocals. It's Karin Dreijer Andersson, one half of The Knife. I was going to post the original track, but keeping the weekend in mind, I decided to post the electro remix from Crookers.

Have a great weekend, and New Yorkers, stay warm!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...