Monday, July 6, 2009

DIY: Pearl & Safety Pin Necklace


I've been a fan of Tom Binns, ever since I saw his amazing neon and black stone necklaces in the display cases at Holt Renfrew. Unfortunately for me the prices were a bit cost prohibitive but now you can create an amazing necklace in the style of Tom Binns with a little bit of time and creativity.

My friend Nicole Hoppenworth saw this amazing Tom Binns Necklace in a magazine and she thought it was the perfect DIY project to make use of her broken pearl necklace.

She snapped some pictures to share her crafting process with us. Yay Nicole! I love, love, love the results so I definitely will be creating one for myself soon. ;)

Materials Needed:
1 Broken Pearl Necklace or Some pearl beads
1 Box of Safety Pins, big enough to fit your beads
A piece of ribbon


Take the pearls and start adding them to the safety pins

Start joining the safety pins together in a random pattern.

Tie ribbons to the ends of the saftey pins to create a tie closure.

Voila, a necklace that you can be proud to call your own in under 30 minutes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful necklace and such a simple and fun project!

jennine said...

that is all kinds of awesome!

Anonymous said...

this is so cute!

i reposted this (with credit) on my blog. i hope you don't mind =)

Erin said...

Thanks Everyone! Glad you are enjoying, peanutbutterandbeauty we don't mind if you share with credit and link love :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...