Monday, June 22, 2009

Now Wearing...

Gold houndstooth jacket - secondhand, Buffalo Exchange
Navy tank dress - American Apparel
Black belt with silve rose - Forever 21
Navy & white striped leggings - Free People
Black wingtip oxfords - Alexandre Herchcovitch x Melissa
Bonjour necklace - Alex & Chloe
Black bag - Gryson for Target

Why is it every time I'm prepared for the rain, it doesn't actually rain? I wore this outfit because the jacket is water repellent and shoes are waterproof, and it only lightly drizzled while I was out today. Last week, the ONE day that I wore my woven leather flats? The sky opened up and it was pouring. Such a crime!

So this gold jacket of mine, I love it. It's not the most flattering, but I have a fatal attraction to shiny things. When I wear it, I usually make a point to push up the sleeves just to make it look less frumpy (didn't accomplish that with the picture, diary fail). The other challenge with this jacket is looking super hipster, so to tone it down, I try to wear it with more somber or neutral colors.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...