Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Trends: Fluffed Out Fur

Maison Martin Margiela Spring 2009, Louis Vuitton Spring 2009
Above are the looks no one could seem to forget. Maison Martin Margiela's Hairy Coat from Spring 2009 and the Oscar the Grouch dress from Louis Vuitton Spring 2009. I kind of wish that they were forgettable! I appreciate that Martin Margiela is a creative wizard, however now designers across the world seem to think women want to look like a Snuffleupagus! Where is PETA when you need them? I'm not particularly against fur, but I'm definitely not a fan when it is used like this! btw I believe Stella's version is some sort of fake, while Rodarte's is a knit, but they still give a similar effect. The only version of the silhouette that amused me was Jeremy Scott's take on Mickey Mouse gloves which is reminiscent of Martin Margiela from 2001 that I thought was sort of genius at the time!

Gareth Pugh Fall 2009, Mario Scwhab Fall 2009, 3.1 Phillip Lim Fall 2009

Rodarte Fall 2009, Stella McCartney Fall 2009, Behnaz Sarafpour Fall 2009

Jeremy Scott Fall 2009, Maison Martin Margiela Spring 2001

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...