Sunday, January 11, 2009

Blind Pilot


Artist: Blind Pilot
Recommended If You Like: The Shins, The Perishers, Damien Rice, Death Cab for Cutie

Israel Nebeker and Ryan Dobrowski are the Portland Oregon based duo that make up Blind Pilot. Their sincere, thoughtful lyrics paired with acoustic guitars that make for soothing balm for my soul. Soft melancholic folk sound that makes me feel relaxed, safe and perfectly at home.

They released their debut album “3 Rounds And A Sound” on Expunged Records last June. I pretty much love the whole album but stand out tracks are title track "3 Rounds And A Sound", "Oviedo", "Story I Heard", "The Bitter End" and "Paint or Pollen". You can check out their sound on myspace.com/goblindpilot. They will be be playing at South by Southwest in March and at the Mercury Lounge in NYC on March 31st! Can't wait.

Here's their music video for "Go On and Say It" below.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay! Blind Pilot made it on sugarrockcatwalk!

Erin said...

Special thanks to you mgk for the intro! The more I listen to them the more I love them <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...