Monday, November 3, 2008

Lykke Li, Another Swedish Love


Artist: Lykke Li
Recommend If You Like: Imogen Heap, Duffy, The Ting Tings

I've never been to Sweden, but I imagine it to be a pretty amazing place. Sweden brought us Ikea and H&M and lots of great music like Robyn and Peter Bjorn and John and now Lykke Li.

Lykke Li is pop without being bubble gum. Her music is a bit quirky, a bit folk, and at times a bit electro. Her sweet songs and vocals make me so happy. They make me want to dress up and dance around my room the way I did when I was a little girl.

She released her debut album Youth Novels earlier this year and is currently headlining a tour with the Friendly Fires. My favorite track is her single "I'm Good I'm Gone". I could listen to that song on repeat for days. Other standout tracks are "Let It Fall", "Little Bit" and "Breaking It Up".

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...