Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Bye Bye Beyonce, Hello Sasha Fierce?

I notice style but I don't normally notice celebrities. People always ask me if I have seen famous people, but I'm usually oblivious to them unless a friend points them out. I just saw Beyoncé and I'm a little bummed that I didn't have a chance to ask her to take a picture of her outfit.
photo courtesy of NYMag.com
Spotted in the underground mezzanine of Rockerfeller Center surrounded by an entourage at 8:24pm today (so I immediately wrote to Gawker Stalker). Beyonce was wearing a long sequined gold gown (not the one pictured above) with a fur coat and sky high platform Louboutin's. Or at least I believe they were, I peeped the red sole from the back. She looked radiant and I was shocked at how small her face was! Her hair was in a half bouffant, similar to the above photo. She looked very petite but tall for her frame...not at all the "curvy" I would expect.

I know that she's been trying to test out a new look to go with her alter ego Sasha Fierce, also the name of her new album. She tells MSNBC “Sasha Fierce is the fun, more sensual, more aggressive, more outspoken side and more glamorous side that comes out when I’m working and when I’m on the stage.” She seems to be trying to do that with avant garde looks by designers like Gareth Pugh, Alexander McQueen and a metal glove. I'm not sure how much I like the new look, but today in the shimmering gold number it was old Beyoncé, with a new hairdo.

She said hello as she passed our table, in an awkward way as if she was a bit uncomfortable that we were staring not so subtly. Woops! I was only 5 feet away so hopefully next time I'll be better prepared to snap a photo.

Not sure what she was doing but perhaps she was preparing for her live appearance at the 11th annual "Christmas in Rockefeller Center" telecast?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...