Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Trend Report: Bad Ass Chic


Funky Footwear
Jeffrey Campbell Ruffle Platform Heel $135
Pour La Victoire Babette Pump $105
MICHAEL Michael Kors Keaton Oxford $115
Nine West Antonela $89

I love shoes. You love shoes. We all love shoes. Some of my favorite trends in footwear are funky cutouts, wedges, and untraditional heels. I've always been a fan of thicker heels and wedges. Stilettos look nice and polished, and I enjoy the look on most people. On myself, however, I like to have a heavier shoe because I enjoy being a little less girly and I like the way it balances my silhouette. Since the style of these shoes is already so bold, these shoes are most versatile in dark or neutral colors.



Over a year ago, I donated a brand new pair of studded wedges after holding onto them in anticipation of studs coming back, and I kicked myself after seeing them pop up in high end boutiques this past spring. One of the most notable appearances of studs was in The Sex & The City Movie. There was a scene where Carrie wore a studded belt over a floral print dress. Studded accessories are a great way to add some interest to an outfit. The trick to rocking studs without looking like a punk is by pairing with contrasts such as bright colors, floral prints, feminine ruffles, or sophisticated patent leather.



In Lanvin's Fall 07 collection, art director Alber Elbaz showed many pieces with exposed zippers. And more recently, Christian Louboutin's zipper heels have been showing up in editorial spreads everywhere. I love subtle shine and detail of zippers - keyword subtle. Zipper detailing usually looks best when the garment is simple and chic.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...