Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Pollini - Runway Review

Ever since I discovered my personal style beat, I've ventured more and more into wearing color with less and less black in my wardrobe. In fact, I think that I own more colorful shoes than black shoes. That being said I thoroughly enjoyed the fun fashion element of Johnathan Saunders premiere effort for Pollini.


Dots and layers of color in the form of 50's silhouette skirts and skating skirts. Prints that remind me of ice cream and candy but without ever being too sweet due to sophisticated color choices.



Even though there was a lot of black, white and gray used Saunders kept things playful and light for this collection. The tailored wool suits, jackets and shifts for day were never boring. I loved the graphic nature of this segment of the collection.




The Shoes by Nicholas Kirkwood look very traditional and modern at the same time. Some of the general detailing and tassels are reminiscent of spectators and loafers but the color choices and heels/hardware definitely very new looking.

The hats, like the shoes and look both from the future and the past. They transform the models into flight attendants on a journey through time.


It wouldn't be a Johnathan Saunders collection without his signature use of color blocking.


The full flounce dresses are artfully draped without looking at all overwhelming or sloppy. Things are looking up for Pollini. Youthful, fresh, polished and very wearable. I guess time will only tell how successful Pollini will be commercially. But I have my eye on this collection as one to watch.

*photos via Style.com & NewYorkMag.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...